Tuesday 22 March 2016

A Nerdy Conversation With Former WWE Writer Freddie Prinze Jr. (Yes, That Freddie!) About WrestleMania

Republished from gq

Freddie-Prinz-Steve-Austin.jpg

The '90s heartthrob sits down for the GQ+A for a granular and fascinating discussion about the state of modern wrestling.
The best-kept secret in professional wrestling isn't who was in on the Montreal Screwjob or whether Hulk Hogan and Mr. America were really the same person. It's actually that on two separate occasions, Freddie Prinze Jr. wrote and produced for WWE television. Yes, that Freddie Prinze Jr. So in the lead up to WrestleMania, we sat down with your favorite actor from the '90s to find out how these stories are even told in the first place, plus what he thinks of the current WWE landscape.

GQ: Please explain to me how a big-name Hollywood actor ends up working for the WWE?
Freddie Prinze Jr: I think it was 2007 or 2008. I don't remember the exact year, but I went to WrestleMania and I was speaking with a lady who worked for the company. She was asking what I liked about the show, what I didn't like, and I was just very honest with her. She said, "I would love for you to have this conversation with Kevin Dunn or Stephanie McMahon (1).

No comments:

Post a Comment